Eyes as Big as Plates is excited to take part in the two-day event Cuimhne/Memory at Ann Lanntair Arts Center in the Outer Hebrides 23-24 April. The symposium will feature talks, workshops, exhibitions, curated island food events, artists talks and films, and seeks to combine academic thought, archive footage, making and live performance with a particular focus on memory, oral tradition and creativity.
- Professor Tim Ingold BA, PhD, Chair in Social Anthropology at Aberdeen University
- Dr. Cathlin Macaulay from The School of Scottish Studies/Edinburgh University
- Dr.Stephanie Bunn from St.Andrews University ‘Woven Communities’ project
- Ana Buchannan from Life Changes Trust
- Lucy Robertson, PhD researcher in Sonic Textiles for Health and Wellbeing from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design
- There will be showings of the award winning film ‘Land of Songs’ alongside the dynamic international photographic project ‘Eyes as big as plates’.
- Making sessions with Caroline Dear and Dawn Susan will explore aspects of the ‘Woven Communities’ project, combining traditional woven forms and techniques with ancient and more modern materials.
One thought on “Eyes as Big as Plates exhibition at Ann Lanntair Arts Center, Outer Hebrides 23 – 24 April”
Wow! What a line-up. Sounds like a fascinating event.