Eyes as Big as Plates is excited to take part in the two-day event Cuimhne/Memory at Ann Lanntair Arts Center in the Outer Hebrides 23-24 April. The symposium will feature talks, workshops, exhibitions, curated island food events, artists talks and films, and seeks to combine academic thought, archive footage, making and live performance with a particular focus on memory, oral tradition and creativity.
- Professor Tim Ingold BA, PhD, Chair in Social Anthropology at Aberdeen University
- Dr. Cathlin Macaulay from The School of Scottish Studies/Edinburgh University
- Dr.Stephanie Bunn from St.Andrews University ‘Woven Communities’ project
- Ana Buchannan from Life Changes Trust
- Lucy Robertson, PhD researcher in Sonic Textiles for Health and Wellbeing from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design
- There will be showings of the award winning film ‘Land of Songs’ alongside the dynamic international photographic project ‘Eyes as big as plates’.
- Making sessions with Caroline Dear and Dawn Susan will explore aspects of the ‘Woven Communities’ project, combining traditional woven forms and techniques with ancient and more modern materials.